Mitel is a global provider of business communications and collaboration software and services.
In spring 2000, Mitel launched the next generation of communication systems in a converged voice and data network. Although a leader in traditional voice PBX systems, the company needed to quickly establish a beachhead in the new converged Voice + Data industry and transform its channel partners from strictly voice solution providers into ones that had expertise in voice and data technologies.
The Plan – Product and Channel Marketing
As the Head of Marketing, I launched a strategic product marketing program for Mitel’s new Voice over IP (VoIP) solutions and applications which included:
- Managing a team of product marketing managers and support specialists, responsible for delivering marketing strategies, plans, roadmaps and business cases for Mitel’s new IP PBX systems, desktops and applications (e.g. unified messaging, speech recognition, call centres)
- Leading Mitel’s IP Phone portfolio core team, which also included senior representatives from Marketing, R&D, Manufacturing and Project Management.
- Travelling extensively throughout the US to train and support Mitel’s large independent resellers in their efforts to leverage their existing installed base of customers to grow their business and establish themselves as experts in IP telephony.
As the Champion for Mitel’s Voice over IP Systems and Applications strategy and product roadmaps, I was:
- A major player in establishing Mitel as a leader in VoIP
- Instrumental in transitioning the Mitel Elite VAR channel from a group of highly specialize voice solutions providers to integrated voice and data systems integrators
- Selected for Mitel’s Leadership Program by its Executive Committee. (< 1% of Mitel’s 6000 employees were selected for this program).
“Gayle Moss is an excellent communicator and public speaker. Her natural ability to connect with her audience, regardless of whether they are partners, customers or employees, results in presentations and seminars that are both engaging and educational.”
Shawn Griffin, Past Vice President of Software, Mitel Corporation
“It has been a real pleasure to work with Gayle Moss of On-Mark-IT Consulting. The consummate professional and team player, Gayle balances sound business sense with innovative marketing strategies and programs that generate measurable results for her clients.”
Steve Duncan, Past Head of Marketing, Mitel Corporation