Harriett Moss has been in the fashion industry for over 20 years and is an avid golfer. She lost count of the number of head covers she’d lost over the years. When looking for replacements, she became frustrated by what was available; so she decided to design her own and launch a new business – Golf ClubSox.
Harriet and her partner, daughter Lindsay, had limited experience in online marketing and a tight budget. They needed someone to help them kick-start their marketing, create buzz for their brand, help secure early sales and then transition the marketing work over to them.
The Plan: Marketing Kick-Start Program
I executed my Kick-Start Inbound Marketing program for Golf ClubSox that included the following activities:
- Website audit and recommendations (content, addition of a blog, plugins and integrated social)
- Recommendations for a new brand
- Content marketing (unique blog posts and bi-weekly e-newsletters)
- Prospect email list building through Facebook contests and Facebook advertising
- Blogger outreach to secure reviews and product promotions through contests
- Support of their social media engagement on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest
- Transition of all marketing responsibilities to Harriet and Lindsay
With this Kick-Start Marketing program, Golf ClubSox achieved:
- Brand awareness with golfers on social media
- Product reviews and promotions on influential blogs, websites and forums (e.g. Golf Girls Diary, Golf Life, The Local Golfer, Girl Friend Golf, The Hackers Paradise)
- The ability to perform elements of Inbound Marketing which is helping to grow sales, garner media interviews, and grow followers and fans on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest.
Please visit my Portfolio for PDFs of product reviews and contests.
“When we started Golf ClubSox we really had no social media experience and we needed help building awareness and creating our brand with a very limited budget. We reached out to Gayle who was very excited to guide us through the unknown. We needed a lot of handholding as we learned to navigate Twitter, Pinterest, sweepstakes, blogging and newsletters.
Gayle was a great teacher and inspiration and gave us the knowledge and resources to do everything ourselves in-house. She has been very gracious helping us peruse some more difficult tasks in blogging and newsletter content that have challenged us. Gayle was a great support and we couldn’t have launched Golf ClubSox without her.”
Harriet Moss and Lindsay Byrnes, Golf ClubSox