Long before the iPhone was invented, BitFlash was a wireless software start-up with innovative technology that enabled the delivery of high-performance, visually rich content and applications to mobile users (including text-only Blackberry devices).
BitFlash’s goal was to launch the company into the marketplace and quickly establish itself as a leader in mobile graphics and messaging solutions.
The Plan – Product and Channel Marketing, PR
As VP of Marketing, I spearheaded the company’s global product management and marketing strategy:
- Brand management
- Product roadmaps, plans and pricing for both BtoB (Enterprise wireless applications) and B2C markets (Multi-media messaging in Europe and web-based content creation tools)
- Channel Marketing to secure OEM and technology partners
- Marketing and PR campaigns which included a media tour throughout the USA, leading up to the BitFlash Official Launch at CTIA in Las Vegas
In 18 months, my team and I:
- Earned BitFlash industry recognition within a few months of product launch and company introduction to the marketplace:
- March 2001: Unstrung Twenty-Five
- May 2001: Global Television’s Titans of Tech
- Sept 2001: CNET Top 5 wireless companies to watch
- April 2002: Modezilla Top 50 Mobile Movers and Shakers
- Developed strategic relationships and programs with channel, OEM and technology partners to integrate and resell BitFlash products, technologies and services to carriers, handset manufacturers, consumers and enterprises.
- Established an indirect sales channel in North America, negotiating profitable agreements with private distribution channels and government resellers.
As a result of the success in positioning the company as a leader in wireless graphics software, BitFlash was purchased by OpenText in 2004.
“At last, someone who understands the balancing act of getting marketing punch without punching a hole through the budget. Gayle combines strategic vision with pragmatic execution, resulting in attention to detail without losing sight of the big picture.”
Julie Pfahl, Past Vice President Finance, BitFlash Corporation